KAI has been providing transportation engineering, planning, and research services to organizations throughout the U.S. since 1985. Our Boise office, part of the company’s Northwest Region, has been in operation since 2003. Our core value is most simply described as “outward focus”, which means we are committed to putting the needs of clients, staff, the profession, and family ahead of our own. Independence, outward focus, and trust define our relationship with our staff. Through thoughtful and targeted educational and professional development opportunities, meaningful work, and a healthy and collaborative work environment, we seek to empower staff as they improve the larger communities they serve.
As a Senior Transportation Designer/CAD Technician at KAI, you will:
- Support transportation engineering design and planning projects throughout the company in all phases of project development through the advanced and efficient operation of CAD platforms such as Microstation, InRoads, Geopak, Openroads, and AutoCAD Civil 3D. This includes providing support in the preparation of plans, exhibits, figures and other CAD deliverables.
- Assist in implementing and improving CAD standards throughout the company including development and organization of various CAD environments and templates.
- Coordinate with various clients across the U.S. to obtain and manage client CAD standards.
- Provide technical support for all CAD software including in-house training to support staff and provide “helpdesk” support for CAD software.
- Assist in maintaining a database of company- and client-specific CAD workflows and/or cheat sheets.
- Assist with IT support for managing CAD software and updates for consistency throughout the company including participation in technology evaluations of new CAD software programs and software versions.
- Participate in the company-wide CAD Leadership Group activities and meetings.
We’re looking for candidates that have:
- 5+ years of CAD operation experience within an engineering, construction, or related environment.
- Significant experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD. Experience on transportation-related projects is preferred.
- Significant experience creating engineering design plans and plan sets, layouts, and exhibits.
- Experience with the following civil design software: InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads, and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience creating detailed 3D models for electronic delivery.
- Experience with project setup and workspace configuration within CAD platforms.
We’re looking for candidates that are:
- Detail-oriented with a problem-solving mindset;
- Effective communicators that are dependable and responsive;
- Self-motivated with an attitude for lifelong learning;
- Outward focused with an inherent belief in customer service, collaboration and teamwork;
- Highly interested in teaching and mentoring other staff.
Our staff is committed to our overall firm purpose and mission to create and sustain a lifelong learning environment, increase the value and contributions to our profession and the communities we serve, and provide the opportunity for the independent success for everyone on the team.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in the transportation profession today, we want to hear from you!